- The Chinese ideogram for 'trouble' symbolizes 'two women living under one roof'.
- The Les Nessman character on the TV series WKRP in Cincinnati wore a band-aid in every episode. Either on himself, his glasses, or his clothing.
- The only domestic animal not mentioned in the Bible is the cat.
- Spiral staircases in medieval castles are running clockwise. This is because all knights used to be right-handed. When the intruding army would climb the stairs they would not be able to use their right hand which was holding the sword because of the difficulties in climbing the stairs. Left-handed knights would have had no troubles except left-handed people could never become knights because it was assumed that they were descendants of the devil.
- Samuel Clemens aka Mark Twain was born on a day in 1835 when Haley's Comet came into veiw. When he died in 1910, Haley's Comet came into view again.
Sunday, January 8, 2006
Trouble, WKRP, Cats, left-handed-knights and Haley's Comet
This week's trivial items....