Thursday, November 1, 2007

Christian Idiots and Illegals Driving


I was listening to the radio this morning, and this is what caught my ear.




clipped from edition.cnn.com


Church ordered to pay $10.9 million for funeral protest





Albert Snyder of York, Pennsylvania, sued the Westboro Baptist Church for unspecified damages after members demonstrated at the March 2006 funeral of his son, Lance Cpl. Matthew Snyder, who was killed in Iraq.





The jury first awarded $2.9 million in compensatory damages. It returned later in the afternoon with its decision to award $6 million in punitive damages for invasion of privacy and $2 million for causing emotional distress.





U.S. District Judge Richard Bennett noted the size of the award for compensating damages "far exceeds the net worth of the defendants," according to financial statements filed with the court.





Church members routinely picket funerals of military personnel killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, carrying signs such as "Thank God for dead soldiers" and "God hates fags."












blog it



I know this will prolly amount to nothing, they will challenge it on grounds of being freedom of speech. I still love seeing these nutters getting their just deserts.



Outside The Beltway on the Bill Press Show.



  • Should illegal immigrants get drivers licenses?


From what I could glean from this show, Bill thinks that they should have them. Most of his callers agreed. What I don't get is why they should have them anyway. I know, it's a mess if they get into an accident while driving un-insured. I don't think they should have the privileges given folks who are citizens or are hear legally. But, that's my opinion.





Technorati :

Post a Comment